The general objective of the Project is to reinstate and protect dune habitats (2110, 2120, 2210, 2230, 2250*) which are suitable for the conservation and spread of the main species Muscari gussonei.
Specific purposes are:
- Increase the presence of Leopoldia, known as Muscari gussonei, and improving the general conservation status of its habitats. For more information about habitats’conservation, please view the document area, where you can download EU-Directives about the dune systems 2230, 5330, 2250;
- Connect protected areas to each other inside the ecological network;
- Improve the management of dune and inland dune habitats;
- Recreating the dune system;
- Increase bird populations typical of the target areas;
- Enhance ecological/environmental conditions enabling Caretta Caretta turtles to lay eggs;
- Reduce the impacts of human activities on dune habitats and support the development of a low environmental impact agriculture.